Thursday, December 31, 2009

The New Reflection of Life

Today we see our ideas came from a variety of direction. Some information was so intense that make us ignore the information from the other direction which may be much better. Research from Scientific American shows that we are more interested in finding what is in accordance with our beliefs, rather than looking for what is not appropriate with it on the Internet. In the acute stage, it can cause an imbalance of fanaticism, which in turn to discrimination on those who differ from us. Concealed from the novelty is a major obstacle to the progress. This blog is devoted to efforts to break the wall to see the other side. Side that may have a solution for all our problems.

In the year 1999, as a vocational high school student from a poor family, I always travel with public transport. Once an old man up in the terminal with me. He looked tired. Until the next station, he did not come down so the driver asked. I just happened to be down to move to another vehicle. He asked "where are you going?". "I want to visit my grandson to the house in Gang Budi Utomo, but from this I do not see the alley, but my grandson told me this vehicle will pass the alley", replied the old man. The driver said, "Well, it does not pass the alley, and then you should come down at Angsana Street, then walk a few meters into the new father arrived at the Budi Utomo Alley". I went down and did not hear the rest. I could feel sorry for this old man a while, until I realized there was a profound reflection of this story. I asked, "what if we also climbed the vehicle and the past so many alley, but our goal is not to be there. If that goal is far out there, we can only reach it by descending from thevehicle and walked toward it, then we arrive. " And this question leads to greater things. Maybe we also similiar to the old man. It could be the solution to the problem we have out there. In places outside of our vehicles. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment